West Vale investing in the community through social value pledge
As the West Vale development progresses, our development partner, Caddick Construction has pledged to invest heavily in the local community and committed to a series of social value activities.
Through the lifetime of the project, the contractor will deliver a wide-ranging programme that creates employment and skills opportunities; contributes to the local economy; supports the community; reduces and offsets carbon emissions and promotes digital inclusion and skills.
- Creating new jobs – including roles for people from a disadvantaged background
- Offering work experience opportunities to schools, colleges and job seekers
- Maximising local supply chain partners
- Donating volunteer hours to support voluntary, community or social enterprises (VCSE)
- Reducing site waste and diverting waste from landfill
- Training colleagues in carbon literacy
- Supporting digital skills and access through training opportunities and ICT equipment
Joel Owen, our Director of Development says: “We want to make a positive and lasting impact in our communities, and it is important to us that every pound we spend delivers best value for our customers and communities and benefits them.
“We’ve worked with the Caddick to plan out how the West Vale project can achieve the best outcomes for local people and look forward to the difference we can make together.”