Support in your home

We have a number of schemes to support to you in your home.

The Live Well Service

The Live Well Service is aimed at all our residents aged over 60 who could benefit from an extra service above and beyond what is normally provided, irrespective of where you live. The service aims to provide peace of mind by providing you with a named advisor who will provide a tailored service to you in your own home.

The Live Well Service

Disability Living Service

The Disability Living Service assists customers who have an assessed medical need. We work in partnership with health professionals, including the Community Occupational Therapy team, to advise customers and to make best use of suitable housing.

Specialist Disability Living Advisors work with you to explore your options to live independently in a home suited to your needs. This includes:

  • Some minor adaptations that can help you to get around your home, for example, grab rails. These will be agreed quickly and the work carried out by us
  • Rehousing to more suitable accommodation. In most cases where your current home is unsuitable for you to live in independently we will provide support to move.

We and other social landlords have a large stock of adapted properties including wheelchair adapted homes across Oldham.

We will start by talking to you, either by phone or a home visit, so we know what you need and want.

If you need a piece of equipment like a bath chair, please visit Oldham Council's website.

If you want to know more about the service, please get in touch.

Housing Advice

The Housing and Advice team provide tailored advice on all the housing options that are available.

Hospital 2 Home Service

The Hospital 2 Home Service helps customers of social housing in Oldham. The service ensures a safe discharge from hospital without delay or unnecessary stress. If you are worried about returning to home after staying in hospital, needing support after discharge or your home no longer fits the hospital to home service can help you with this.

If you would like more information please contact our Hospital 2 Home Officer on 07793 842525.


What to do if you are worried about someone?

We are committed to working with others to ensure that our customers live their lives free from, violence, fear and abuse. Safeguarding is about protecting children and adults from harm, abuse or neglect.

If you are worried that a child or adult may be at risk, there are a number of things you can do:

  • If you suspect that the child or adult is in immediate danger then phone the police on 999
  • If you believe that the child or adult requires emergency medical treatment, phone an ambulance on 999
  • If there is no immediate risk, contact Oldham Council’s Multi Agency Safeguarding Hub

Our Safeguarding and Domestic Abuse policy.

Background Image -

Aged over 60 and want additional support in your home?

Find out more about our Live Well Service.