Affordable homes to buy

Ways to buy an affordable home

Whether you’re a first-time buyer or looking to buy your next home, we offer a choice of schemes that could help you own your place.

  • Shared Ownership
  • Rent to Buy

Fabric Living is our Shared Ownership and Rent to Buy brand to make home ownership a reality for more people and is part of our plan to build more affordable homes to buy, to meet housing need.

Fabric Living contact details


Tel: 0161 524 1699

Background Image -

Shared Ownership

Shared Ownership offers you the chance to buy an initial share of a home, and you pay rent on the rest.

You can buy more shares in your home in the future, as and when you can afford. This is known as ‘staircasing’. If you buy more shares, you’ll pay less rent. The amount of rent you pay is based on the share of property you do not own. So, if you own 25%, you pay rent on the other 75%.

Rent to buy

Rent to Buy offers you the chance to save for a deposit to buy a home, by renting a home at around 20% below normal market rent, for a maximum of five years.

After the five years, you will be offered the chance to buy the home either outright or as Shared Ownership.

Read more about Rent to Buy.

Current Fabric Living developments

See what our Fabric Living customers have to say…

“With house prices so high, I wouldn’t be able to afford to buy a three-bedroom house for my family on my own, but by going with shared ownership I’ve been able to secure a four-bedroom home that’s great for our needs now, in an area that we love and it means I own 50% of something rather than nothing at all.”

Jay, Fabric Living customer

Background Image -