Local people have their say in our proposed West Vale project
Thanks to everyone who got in involved in our public consultation on plans to redevelop land off Vale Drive, Oldham where the towerblocks, Crossbank House and Summervale House, now stand.
In total we received 22 responses during the consultation period 8-22 January 2021. These came from a range of people who live and work in Oldham, including local residents, business owners, education leaders and ward councillors.
Key themes which came out of the consultation included:
- How the recreational space at the new development will meet the needs of the local community and be safely managed
- How we’ll keep local people safe during the redevelopment
- Parking provision for customers at the new development and in the existing neighbourhood.
- Traffic management during the build and after completion
- How we’ll create opportunities for local businesses and people during the build
- Plans for the existing neighbourhood around Vale Drive
- How the new homes will be allocated
- The design of the new homes
We have responded to everyone who shared their views with us and their input has helped us produce our final planning application which was submitted to Oldham Council this month. Based on the consultation results we have updated the West Vale Frequently Asked Questions section here on our website too.
Building on the consultation findings, we are in discussions with Oldham Council, local councillors, schools, residents and community organisations about how we can work together for the benefit of the local community as the project progresses.
Our Stronger Communities Stronger participation team is also going to further explore key themes with our West Vale Resident Engagement Panel. Made up of people who live and work in the West Street/ Vale Drive neighbourhood, this group will be involved in the proposed West Vale development as it moves forwards. If you’d like to be part of the panel and share your views, contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Joel Owen, FCHO Director of Development: “The proposed West Vale development is a landmark project for us and making sure our proposal features the right design and layout is crucial. We held the consultation to gather important feedback from local people, organisations and businesses and I thank everyone for getting involved. Your views have helped shape our planning application and we’ll share more information about the development as it progresses over the coming months.”