ROCA (Respect Our Community Awards) is a scheme which offers funding to community and voluntary groups in Oldham. Small grants of up to £500 are available and will be awards to groups that provide the most benefits to our local communities.
Take a look at our case studies to see for yourself how ROCA has benefitted Oldham-based community groups:
- Friends of High Crompton Park grow for gold with ROCA
- Salvation Army use ROCA funding to help the elderly during coronavirus
- Show us the honey! Oldham's bee population receives a boost thanks to ROCA
How do I apply?
The first round of 2020 ROCA funding has now closed - the deadline was 5pm, 2 March 2020. Keep your eyes peeled for this year's second round of funding in autumn!
All applications are judged by a panel made up of community representatives.
Applicants are asked to complete an electronic form available on this page when the funding is open. Downloadable copies are also available using the forms on the right hand side of the page. These should be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org once completed.
Please read the terms and conditions carefully before applying.
Tips for submitting a successful application
Have a clear, well thought out project plan and consider:
- What are you looking to achieve?
- Who are you helping, who will benefit from the project?
- How are you going to do it?
- Why is the funding needed?
- Where and when is it going to take place?
- What will be the end result?
- What do you need to deliver the project?
- How much will it cost?
- How will you keep track of your progress?
If you have any questions, please email email@example.com or call 0161 393 5515.
ROCA contact details
Telephone: 0161 393 5515