Get your thinking caps on and help name a new street in Alt!
Competition now closed
We’re encouraging people in the Alt neighbourhood to take part in our competition to name a street at our new development off Cherry Avenue and make their own piece of history.
We are transforming a plot of land off Cherry Avenue which was formerly vacant. In its place we are building 38 much needed properties, comprising 10 two-bedroom and 28 three-bedroom family homes. We’re also planning improvements to the surrounding area to benefit local people. Work at the site is planned to begin in spring 2021 and the homes will be finished in August 2022. The homes will be built by our development partner, North-West based firm, Tyson Construction.
Customers are at the heart of everything we do and we want local people to get involved and submit suggestions to name the new street at the development. We’re looking for names which are connected to the theme of trees and fruit so they are in keeping with other streetnames in the neighbourhood.
Our competition opens today and closes at 5pm on Friday 26 February 2021.
The winner will name the new street and also win a Samsung tablet device too, donated by Tyson Construction.
All street names entered into the competition will be reviewed against the following criteria:
- Street names should be connected with the theme of trees or fruit.
- Street names in the borough can’t be duplicated
- Street names should comply with Unity Partnership’s Guidelines for Naming Streets
Anyone from Oldham can enter the competition, you don’t have to be a customer. There are three ways to enter:
- Online using the entry form on this page
- Email firstname.lastname@example.org with your name, address, contact phone number and age
- Call our Contact Centre on 0161 393 7117
Joel Owen, Development Director at FCHO said: “The development off Cherry Ave will create more much-needed, high quality, modern new homes for people in Oldham and supports our commitment to invest £160m and build 850 new homes over the next six years.
“Naming the new street at our Cherry Avenue development is your chance to make your mark in your neighbourhood’s history and we want as many people in the local community as possible to get involved.”
Once the competition has closed we will shortlist the street names before a judging panel selects the winning street name. Judges will include Alt resident and FCHO customer, Donna Brindle, Councillor Jenny Harrison and representatives from our team. The panel will ensure the entries meet Unity Partnership’s street naming requirements.
We will announce the winner in March 2021.
- By entering the competition, you agree to the provisions of these Terms and Conditions and to fully comply with them.
- The competition is open to all residents of Oldham.
- If you are under the age of 18 you must seek and obtain consent to enter the competition from your parent or guardian. By submitting an entry for the competition, your parent/carer/guardian is deemed to have given a) consent and b) agreement for the use of the entry as described in these terms and conditions.
- FCHO cannot be held responsible for emails that do not arrive due to the entrant's email security settings or restrictions placed by their internet service provider.
- All submissions must be lodged via the methods described above. No other forms of entry shall be accepted.
The information you provide will be collected and stored by FCHO and processed in accordance with the Data Protection Act 2018. We will only use your information for the purposes of administration of the competition (including publishing your name if you are the winner) and any other purposes to which you have consented. We will not pass your details on to any third party.
Your data will be deleted in line with our standard retention schedule.
Indemnity and Limitation of Liability
- To the maximum extent permitted by law, FCHO excludes its liability for any loss, damage, injury, cost or expense suffered by you, whether directly or indirectly and howsoever caused, in connection with the competition and use of any prize. Nothing in these Terms and Conditions shall exclude FCHO’s liability for death or personal injury arising from FCHO’s own negligence or any other liability that cannot, as a matter of law, be excluded.
- You agree to indemnify FCHO and keep FCHO indemnified against any loss, damage, injury, cost or expense suffered by FCHO as a result of your entry in the Competition, including (but not limited to) any claim of infringement of intellectual property rights made by any third party.
- The competition is run by First Choice Homes Oldham Limited (FCHO) whose address is First Place, 22 Union Street, Oldham OL1 1BE.
- There is no entry fee to this competition.
- Entrants can suggest an unlimited number of different names. Each name must be submitted as a separate entry.
- Competition closes Friday 26 February 2021 at 5pm. All entries received after this deadline will not be entered into the competition, but could be considered for the name of the street.
- No responsibility can be taken for entries not received for whatever reason.
- You agree that if you are the winner, you will take part in and cooperate fully with reasonable publicity and to the use of your name and photograph in such publicity.
- A panel of judges selected by FCHO will make the decision on the name and reserve the right to reject all suggestions if a suitable name cannot be agreed.
- The prize is as follows: Samsung tablet device. Prize has no cash alternative and is non-transferable.
- If more than two entries are received for the same chosen name, these will be entered into a draw and a winner selected at random by the panel of judges.
- The prize winner will be notified by email/ phone no later than 12 March 2021. If the prize winner cannot be contacted or is not available, or has not claimed their prize by 30 March 2021, FCHO reserves the right to offer the prize to the next eligible entrant.
- Details of the prize winner may be posted on social media, the FCHO website and in the media.
- If there is any reason to believe that there has been a breach of these terms and conditions, FCHO may, at its sole discretion, reserve the right to exclude you from participating in the competition.
- FCHO reserves the right to hold void, suspend, cancel, or amend the prize or competition where it becomes necessary to do so. Any changes will be notified to entrants as soon as possible.
- FCHO reserves the right to modify these Terms and Conditions at any time through the FCHO website without giving notice.
- If you would like to remove your entry from the competition then you can do so by emailing email@example.com
- These terms and conditions shall be governed by English law, and the parties submit to the non-exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of England.