Appeal for supplies to help Oldham Foodbank cope with surge in demand
Demand has recently surged at Oldham Food Bank and we’re appealing to people in the Oldham community who can donate any items to do so, and help local people in greatest need.
We’re urging everyone who would like to donate items to please follow the government’s social distancing rules and, where possible, use Food Bank drop off points in supermarkets when you’re shopping for essentials. Social distancing is the single most important action we can all take in fighting coronavirus to protect the NHS and save the lives of our loved ones.
How to donate items to Oldham Foodbank
There are drop-off points all over the borough – you can see the list on the Oldham Foodbank website
You can also drop off donations at:
- Oldham Foodbank at Three Crowns, 1–3 Manchester Street Oldham, OL11LE
- Neon Community Centre, Holt Street, Greenacres, OL4 2DQ
- South Chadderton Methodist Church, 25 Thompson Lane, Chadderton, OL9 8LX
- Honeywell Centre, Hadfield Street, Hathershaw, OL8 3BP
- Clemency House, Nugget Street, Oldham, OL4 1BN
Urgently needed items
- Items currently in short supply include: long life items, tinned goods, sugar, rice, pasta and nappies (size 5 and 6).
- The full list of urgently needed items is available on the Oldham Foodbank website.
- If you wish to donate money, visit the Foodbank website to find out how you can do this.