Building insurance

About building insurance

It is a condition of the lease that we, your landlord, take out buildings insurance to cover your flat and the building as a whole. Your annual service charge includes for the cost of building insurance.

Making a claim

If you need to claim under the building insurance you should contact the insurance company within 30 days of the incident using the following details:

You will need to provide them with the following information:

  • Building Insurance Policy Number: 2021CP000117
  • Name and Address
  • Contact telephone numbers
  • Details of the damage

Please note: you should avoid proceeding with any non-emergency repairs without the prior approval of the insurer’s loss adjusters.

You will be required to pay an excess. The level of which will depend on the type of claim covering storm and flood, unoccupied properties, subsidence, ground heave or landslip. The excess levels are between £100.00 to £1000.00 properties unoccupied for 120 consecutive days are fully excluded.

You should ask the insurer what excess you will pay when making your claim.

The insurer will tell you whether the claim is covered under the terms of the insurance.

Background Image -

Get in touch

To get in touch with one of our advisors about your lease, please email