Latest update on new coronavirus restrictions in Oldham, 12 August 2020
Take urgent action to stop a local lockdown is the advice issued today by Oldham Council. We’re asking you to take notice of this and help reduce the spread of coronavirus.
Oldham is continuing to see increasing rates of coronavirus. Additional measures were put in place in the borough two weeks ago to help stop the spread, but since then, the numbers of positive cases have carried on increasing.
If numbers continue to go up the way they are, Oldham could face a second lockdown very soon.
People in Oldham are now being reminded:
- Limit the number of people you have contact with and work from home where possible
- DO NOT have social visitors to your home or garden
- When visiting shops and when on public transport or in other enclosed or crowded spaces, you should wear a mask.
- Avoid touching your face and wash your hands regularly for at least 20 seconds.
- Help protect those who are more vulnerable. Although those who are younger, or without underlying health conditions, may feel that coronavirus does not present a major risk to their health, their actions could put others at risk.
Those with symptoms of coronavirus must isolate and book a test as soon as possible. People who test positive must isolate for ten days, while others in the household must isolate for 14 days as symptoms can take a while to appear.
Visit www.oldham.gov.uk/coronavirus for the most up to date guidance, or call the dedicated coronavirus helpline, available Monday to Friday from 9am to 5pm on 0161 770 7007.
To book a Coronavirus test go to https://www.nhs.uk/ask-for-a-coronavirus-test or call NHS 119
Please be reassured that we are still here for you. We’re continuing to deliver our repairs service under strict Covid measures to keep you and our staff safe, and many of our other teams are delivering their services online and by phone. For full details please visit our webpage. For general enquiries, please get in touch with our Contact Centre. Email email@example.com or call 0161 393 7117. Find out more in our news section.
For more information about the new local coronavirus guidance, visit the Oldham Council website.