Keeping you safe in your home: our Fire Safety Programme
As part of our work to continually improve your homes and provide high quality, safe places for you to live, we’re carrying out a range of fire safety work in our blocks of flats over the next 18 months.
New fire doors; work to contain and stop any fire spreading, should it occur in our homes, plus sprinkler systems; new bin chutes; and upgrades to bin stores are among the things that you will benefit from.
We’re investing £5.6m in eight key areas. This will pay for:
- New communal fire doors in our blocks with three or more storeys and new flat entrance doors where needed.
- Fire stopping work to contain any fire and stop it from spreading.
- Improving fire detection within customer’s homes (flats within communal blocks)
- Sprinkler system installation in high rise tower blocks to control any fire and reduce damage to homes.
- Bin chute and bin store refurbishments to help control any fires
- Increased ventilation in communal areas in blocks to help manage smoke
- Surveys to external wall insulation systems on our blocks to confirm its condition