Coronavirus: what do Tier 3 restrictions mean for you and your tenancy with us?
Oldham, along with the rest of Greater Manchester, is now in Tier 3 - the highest category of coronavirus restrictions.
We know it’s a tough time for many of you and our absolute main priority throughout this is your safety and the safety of our staff. Please remember we’re here to support you whenever and however we can.
Our services to you
There are no changes to the way we are currently operating and safety measures continue to be in place to protect you, your families and loved ones, and our staff:
Maintenance and repairs
- The government has confirmed that tradespeople can still enter homes, provided they follow social distancing guidance, so all maintenance and repairs in your homes will carry on during this second national lockdown.
- When a member of staff attends your home they will assess if it is safe or appropriate to enter. Please don’t be alarmed or offended if they ask you some questions – this is to ensure we keep everyone safe.
- We will continue to implement safe working practices using the appropriate PPE and observing social distancing when we visit your home.
- We ask you to please follow any advice that we give you and stay in another room until the work is completed to help keep everybody safe.
- If you have an appointment booked, it’s crucial that you let us know if you or one of your household are experiencing coronavirus symptoms or self-isolating. If you don’t tell us, it may delay how quickly we can get to your repair or planned work. Please call our team on 0161 393 7117 or email email@example.com and we will rearrange your appointment.
- You can report a repair online via MyAccount on our website fcho.co.uk, or email firstname.lastname@example.org call 0161 393 7117.
Work in your neighbourhoods
- Our Caretaking and Grounds Maintenance teams will continue to look after your neighbourhoods.
- Staff have been provided with the necessary equipment and safety advice to ensure they can deliver their services without risk to you or them. Please keep your distance from them if you see them working.
Gas, electrical and fire safety checks
- Gas, electrical and fire safety checks and actions are still going ahead. We’re implementing safe working practices, and we ask you to follow the advice given by the engineer while they are working in your home.
- You must let us know if you have an appointment booked and you have coronavirus symptoms or someone in your household does. We will rearrange the appointment for another time.
Paying your rent
- We understand that some customers’ circumstances may have changed due to the impact of the coronavirus and other events, and with the expense of Christmas for some, you may have concerns about your ability to pay your rent.
- Our specialist team can provide you with help and advice about your circumstances and discuss the support options available to you. Call the team on 0161 393 5353.
Finding a home
- We are continuing to let our homes and we’re operating a remote sign up service. More details are available in the Frequently Asked Questions section of the Coronavirus updates page .
- To bid on one of our homes visit our mymoveoldham.co.uk
- You can also bid on our homes, and other social homes, by registering with Oldham Council’s Housing Options Service.
- Our Contact Centre remains open - you can call us on 0161 393 7117or email email@example.com.
- In line with government advice, our offices at First Place continue to be closed to customers and we’re still delivering a reduced face-to-face service.
- Please be reassured that we are still here to help you and many of our teams are now delivering their services online and by telephone. For information about help with job-hunting or training and how to get advice about benefits, managing money, affordable food and more, visit our news section.
Find out more on the coronavirus: what we’re doing to lower the risk web page
For all the latest information about how coronavirus may affect your tenancy with us, please visit our dedicated web page, or get in touch with our Contact Centre. Email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 0161 393 7117.