If you need help in your home

Support and Wellbeing

The Independence Service

The Independence Service is aimed at all our residents aged over 60 who could benefit from an extra service above and beyond what is normally provided, irrespective of where you live. The Service aims to provide peace of mind, by providing you with a named advisor who will provide a tailored service to you in your own home.

For more information, please visit The Independence Service page.

Getting around in your home

Disability Living Service

The Disability Living Service assists customers who have an assessed medical need. FCHO Officers work in partnership with health professionals, including the Community Occupational Therapy Team, to advise customers and to make best use of suitable housing.

For more information on accessibility to your home please visit our section detailing equipment and adaptations.

Our Disability Living policy is also available.

Housing Advice

The Housing and Advice Team provide tailored advice on all the housing options that are available. Information about applying for housing an an online application form are available on the MyMove Oldham website.

Hospital 2 Home Service

The Hospital 2 Home Service helps customers of social housing in Oldham. The service ensures a safe discharge from hospital without delay or unnecessary stress. If you are worried about returning to home after staying in hospital, needing support after discharge or your home no longer fits the hospital to home service can help you with this.

If you would like more information please contact our Hospital 2 Home Officer, Vicky Campbell on 0161 627 8650


What to do if you are worried about someone?

FCHO is committed to working with others to ensure that our customers live their lives free from, violence, fear and abuse. Safeguarding is about protecting children and adults from harm, abuse or neglect.

If you are worried that a child or adult may be at risk, there are a number of things you can do:

  • If you suspect that the child or adult is in immediate danger then phone the police on 999
  • If you believe that the child or adult requires emergency medical treatment, phone an ambulance on 999
  • If there is no immediate risk, contact Oldham Council’s Multi Agency Safeguarding Hub

Our Safeguarding and Domestic Abuse policy is available.

Trying to find help for managing your tenancy?

Follow this link for information on Support & Wellbeing.

Other FCHO Services

See the full list of online services from First Choice Homes Oldham

Contact FCHO

CAB Service

In need of the Citizens Advice Bureau Service? Follow this link for information.

If you are finding it difficult to pay

We can give help and advice if you are finding it hard to manage your finances and risk missing payments.

Help and Advice

Are you in need of mediation and/or support services?

Visit this page to access guides and application forms

More Support
Enable accessibility ReciteMe Text to Speech Reader